Luke and Darth

Last night, I descended into partisanship.  During those hours, there were good guys and bad guys; folks in white hats and black hats.

Of course, I was in a white hat.  I knew what was right; what was wrong.  That feels really good, for a change.

And -- I wanted to beat the black hats into submission.

In the calm light of morning, I feel the hangover from the violence.  I feel the dregs of the beliefs -- I'm still not convinced I am wrong.

But a wisp of disidentification is returning.  I am not the body.  I am not the mind.  I am not the emotions.  I am the witnessing consciousness, which wears no hat, judges not, chooses no sides.  It simply watches; mirrors all that passes before it.

The dark and the light reside inside of me.  

Remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment