Beyond Information

In a world awash with data, please remember:  there is something immensely valuable beyond information.  A beautiful, divine silence exists beyond the mind-stuff.
There is a miraculous, subtle force in play which moves us gently toward this silence.  This is the story of how this force worked on me.
In my twenties, I was steeped in the intellectual world.  I was reading spiritual texts, but they did not penetrate.  When I turned twenty nine, I moved to a suburb of the city in which I was living.  This move lessoned to a large degree the noise and distraction to which I was subjected.  In astrological terms, I was in my Saturn return, so the miraculous force had the stars on its side.
One night, at a dinner party, I exchanged a few words with a new acquaintance.  She mentioned she spent six months in the U.S. and six months in India.  I didn't think much of it.
A few weeks later, I was standing in line at a cafe, and I caught sight of a group of four people laughing and enjoying.  Upon looking more closely, I noticed the woman I had met at the dinner party.  I was wearing a tee-shirt with the logo of a theatre company with which I had worked.  My acquaintance said, "I didn't know you worked in theatre.  This man is a world-renowned theatre artist from Germany."  Introductions were made, and I sat down with them to have a coffee.
Two minutes later, I was crying my eyes out.
I have no recollection of what transpired between the introduction and the crying.  However, I do remember, after I finally calmed down, the German artist saying, "You are ready."
There is an ancient saying.  The student does not find the Master; the Master finds the student.  In this case, the Master used one of his disciples to find me.
A few weeks later, I was immersed in a Zen Theatre course, which combined theatre exercises with meditation techniques.
Shortly thereafter, I became the disciple of an enlightened Master, and began to learn the methods which helped me to have a glimpse of that which lies beyond the spoken word, beyond the zippy thoughts, beyond the emotions, and beyond the sensations of the physical body.
It only took one glimpse of this peace, this silence, this blissfulness, to know that in the end, this is all I need.


afilias * alex * alex jones * allows * allows you
to search * almanac * atlas * cached * cached
similar * center * citizen * citizen information
* citizen information center * co uk * com *
com meta * com meta search * com meta
search allows * comprehensive *
comprehensive and relevant *
comprehensive and relevant results *
connect * dictionary * domain * domain name
* downloads * einfo * encyclopedia * engines
* fast * federal * federal citizen * federal
citizen information * find * free * google *
google search * home * home page * images *
info * info co * info co uk * info com * info
com meta * info com meta search * info
google * info google search * infoplease *
information * information center *
infrastructure * internet * internet
infrastructure * jones * leading * leading
search * leading search engines * meta * meta
search * meta search allows * multiple *
multiple leading * multiple leading search *
multiple leading search engines * name *
news * notícias * online * page * people *
relevant * relevant results * relevant results
fast * results * results fast * returning *
returning more comprehensive * revista *
revista info * search * search allows * search
engines * search multiple * search multiple
leading * search multiple leading search *
search the web * search tools * shopping *
similar * solutions * tools * videos * web *
wikipedia * www * 24 hours * 40c * advice *
ago * business * cached * cached similar *
center * citizen * citizen information * citizen
information center * com * concerning * data
* data protection * day * day ago * definition *
dictionary * encyclopedia * federal * federal
citizen * federal citizen information *
feedback * fewer * free * freedom * freedom
of information * get * google * google search *
gov * help * home * hours * ico * images *
infoplease * infoplease com * information *
information cached * information cached
similar * information center * information
com * information dk * information google *
information google search * information
technology * information week * knowledge *
may * may 2011 * news * page * pages * past
* past 24 * past 24 hours * phone * privacy *
protection * reference * related * results *
search * search tools * searches * service *
shopping * similar * source * technology *
tools * videos * week * wikipedia * www * ‎‏1 *
‎‏1 day * ‎‏1 day ago * britannica * bus * business
* cached * cached similar * com * components
* computer * computer and information *
computer and information systems *
computer information * computer
information system * computer system *
computer system information * data *
definition * disa * discipline * elsevier * en
wikipedia * en wikipedia org * encyclopedia *
fewer * free * free encyclopedia * global *
google * google search * health * help * hours
* htm * htm cached * htm cached similar * ict
* images * information * information system *
information system cached * information
system google * information systems *
information systems managers *
management * managers * marktplaza * net *
news * next * org * organization * past *
processing * professional * related * results *
search * search tools * searches * shelters *
shopping * similar * solutions * statistical *
statistical information * system * system
cached * system cached similar * system
google * system google search * system
information * systems * systems managers *
technology * term * tools * types * types of
information * videos * web * webopedia *
whosis * wiki * wikipedia * wikipedia org *
www *


No comments:

Post a Comment